We got in a little late tonight from baseball and soccer practice and instead of stopping at a fast food place, I decided to whip up something really quick and easy for dinner. I made a quick trip to our neighborhood Sprouts and picked up some fresh Trout! Once I got home and into my kitchen, I was able to get dinner on the table in just 20 minutes! While the fish was cooking, I placed the broccolini in a microwave steam bag and set the microwave for 2 1/2 minutes. The fish took less than 10 minutes to cook! Check out the easy recipe below because I really think you’ll like this one!
- 4 trout fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Your favorite seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lemon quartered
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet
- Place the trout fillets skin side down and cook for 3-4 minutes. Using a spatula, press down on each fillet for even cooking.
- Season the top of each trout fillet equally with your favorite seasoning, red pepper flakes and cilantro.
- Cook trout for another 2-3 minutes
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over the top of the trout and serve with your favorite side dish.