We got in a little late tonight from baseball and soccer practice and instead of stopping at a fast food place, I decided to whip up something really quick and easy for dinner. I made a quick trip to our neighborhood Sprouts and picked up some fresh Trout! Once I got home and into my kitchen, I was able to get dinner on the table in just 20 minutes! While the fish was cooking, I placed the broccolini in a microwave steam bag and set the microwave for 2 1/2 minutes. The fish took less than 10 minutes to cook! Check out the easy recipe below because I really think you’ll like this one!
- 4 trout fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Your favorite seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lemon quartered
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet
- Place the trout fillets skin side down and cook for 3-4 minutes. Using a spatula, press down on each fillet for even cooking.
- Season the top of each trout fillet equally with your favorite seasoning, red pepper flakes and cilantro.
- Cook trout for another 2-3 minutes
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over the top of the trout and serve with your favorite side dish.
This recipe was SUPER easy and my kids really enjoyed helping!
-4 thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx 4 oz each)
-Seasoning (I used Salt, Pepper, Paprika and Chopped Parsley)
-4 slices Prosciutto
-1 cup organic spinach leaves
-1 Tbsp Olive Oil
-4 Toothpicks (to hold the folded chicken breast together)
1. Heat Oven to 350 Degrees
2. Place the chicken breast flat and seasoned both sides with your favorite seasoning.
3. Place a slice of prosciutto on each chicken breast.
4. Next, take the organic spinach and placed it on top of the prosciutto.
5. The last step is to roll the chicken breast up and use a toothpick to hold the stuffed chicken breast together.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes
This dish is great for lunch without any additional side but for my family’s dinner, I chose to add a baked yam! Hope You Enjoy!
Cooking Spray or Olive Oil
4 Flounder Fillets (6 ounces)
2 teaspoons of Garlic Pepper Seasoning (or your favorite seasoning)
2 shallots thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves thinly sliced
4 lemon wedges
1 teaspoon of parsley flakes
Heat oven to 375 degrees
Use cooking spray to coat roasting pan or as an alternate, drizzle with olive oil.
Sprinkle Garlic Pepper seasoning on both sides of Flounder Fillets
Spread the thinly sliced shallots and Garlic over the fish
Bake for 18 minutes
Remove from oven and squeeze the lemon juice from the lemon wedges over the fish and place the wedges in the pan and sprinkle cooked fish with the parsley flakes.
Serve with your favorite side dish