We got in a little late tonight from baseball and soccer practice and instead of stopping at a fast food place, I decided to whip up something really quick and easy for dinner. I made a quick trip to our neighborhood Sprouts and picked up some fresh Trout! Once I got home and into my kitchen, I was able to get dinner on the table in just 20 minutes! While the fish was cooking, I placed the broccolini in a microwave steam bag and set the microwave for 2 1/2 minutes. The fish took less than 10 minutes to cook! Check out the easy recipe below because I really think you’ll like this one!
- 4 trout fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Your favorite seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lemon quartered
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet
- Place the trout fillets skin side down and cook for 3-4 minutes. Using a spatula, press down on each fillet for even cooking.
- Season the top of each trout fillet equally with your favorite seasoning, red pepper flakes and cilantro.
- Cook trout for another 2-3 minutes
- Squeeze a little lemon juice over the top of the trout and serve with your favorite side dish.
When you’re feeling happy, it’s because your body has released endorphins that make you feel good. So go ahead, laugh a little, it will reduce your stress. Stress is known to be a significant factor in aging.
Laughter enhances your intake of oxygen-rich air, stimulates your heart, lungs, and muscles. It also soothes tension and can stimulate circulation and aid muscle relaxation, both of which help reduce some of the physical symptoms of stress. So remember…the next time you are faced with a situation that could have a tendency to interfere with your laughter, think about how GOD created this natural medicine for us all to benefit from. We just have to change our way of thinking and make a choice to utilize it.
This recipe was SUPER easy and my kids really enjoyed helping!
-4 thinly sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts (approx 4 oz each)
-Seasoning (I used Salt, Pepper, Paprika and Chopped Parsley)
-4 slices Prosciutto
-1 cup organic spinach leaves
-1 Tbsp Olive Oil
-4 Toothpicks (to hold the folded chicken breast together)
1. Heat Oven to 350 Degrees
2. Place the chicken breast flat and seasoned both sides with your favorite seasoning.
3. Place a slice of prosciutto on each chicken breast.
4. Next, take the organic spinach and placed it on top of the prosciutto.
5. The last step is to roll the chicken breast up and use a toothpick to hold the stuffed chicken breast together.
6. Bake for about 15 minutes
This dish is great for lunch without any additional side but for my family’s dinner, I chose to add a baked yam! Hope You Enjoy!